A place for a little bit of everything...

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My First

My first.
Hmmm.......there have been many of those. I would like though to mention that I had my first energy drink yesterday. Rockstar "Juiced" in particular. It's 50% juice, which is good, and loaded with the requisite sugar, caffeine, and also Guarana (?), Ginseng, B-Vitamins, etc. It tastes pretty good, especially when cold...could almost pass as a good & fizzy fruit punch... (although I was skeptical at first as my first experience with mango juice and passion fruit juice was not too fantastic) but I didn't really feel it gave me energy, save for the first five minutes after having some. Aside from making my eyes feel weird, I think it actually makes me feel kind of tired, which may be a result of the sugar. I used to be able to eat two reg or one large sized chocolate bar(s) in a row when I was a kid, no problem, but now I definitely cannot eat more than one regular size or I get the sky high sugar rush, with the seemingly almost immediate sugar low swoop. I couldn't see where the amount of sugar is on the Rockstar can but since there are 473mls of liquid in it, you can pretty much bet there is a LOT in there. *High marks for taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment